Quick & Simple fruit muffins!

I like the idea of baking, but when it gets round to it I always put it off! (sometimes it's just to faffy and I HATE the cleaning up!!) But this morning I had a few spare hours so got stuck in. My dad brought home some blueberries yesterday so I thought muffins would be ideal! They actually turned out ok bearing in mind I haven't baked since school. 
Here's the recipe if you want to make some muffins in no time at all!

You will need:
  • 300g Plain flour
  • 3 Teaspoons of baking powder
  • 115g Caster sugar
  • 1 Egg
  • 300ml Milk
  • 85ml Sunflower oil
  • Fruit - Obviously I used blueberries but you could use any fresh fruit (brambles, raspberries,)
  • 12 Muffin cases 



 1. Set oven to 180 or gas 6
2. Grease inside the paper cases , I just dipped my
 brush into the oil I had already measured out
 3.In a large mixing bowl, sieve the flour and baking powder.
    Then add in the sugar.


 4. In a smaller bowl mix the oil, egg and milk together using a fork.

5. Add to the flour mixture all at once and beat until smooth.



 6. Stir in your chosen fruit
 7. Divide the mixture evenly between the cases. I then sprinkled an extra little bit of brown sugar on the top to add a bit of crunch.
 8. Bake in the oven for 25-30 mins or until golden brown.

 9. Leave to cool for a few mins in the tin, then place the muffins on a cooling rack.











Hope this inspires some of you to get back into baking! Let me know if you try the recipe, perhaps you will use different fillings? 

Thanks for reading! 

Hannah x 

Comments

Popular Posts