Bank Holiday at The Balloon Tree





Well here goes...my first blog post! 

To begin with I've decided to blog about anything I think I can write about, this may change in the future but for now let's embrace the random. 

With a typically British forecast for the bank holiday (sunshine and showers) myself and my parents decided to go to The Balloon Tree cafe and farmshop for a spot of lunch.

On arrival we walked through the farmshop which was full of fresh fruit and vegetables and some lovely gift type products until we spotted the cafe. We decided to sit inside but the huge glass doors had been pushed open so we could still enjoy the fresh air minus the few spots of rain! Without hesitation I browsed the menu and decided to go for the chicken and pesto toastie.

This was just the right size for a me and a pleasant surprise as I had never tried pesto in a toastie before! 

After quickly devouring my toastie ( & a side of delicious homemade chips) we were asked the inevitable question "can I get you anything else today?". Bearing in mind my mum and I had been eyeing up the cake stand since we sat down we couldn't say no! We both opted for the malteser cake which was of course delicious. 
If you weren't hungry before reading this you most certainly will be now! 




After all that food we had another walk around the farmshop and out in the gardens through the PYO strawberries, rhubarb and other delights before heading home.

The Balloon Tree was the perfect destination for a brief bank holiday outing and I'm happy to say we didn't get rained on...result! 

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed my first ever blog post! Apologies for the quality of the pictures, they were taken from my smartphone. 

Hannah x 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts